TABLE OF CONTENTS
With DAKboard adding your Calendars is easy. This article is to help you with setting up your iCloud Calendar with your account.
NOTE: At this time, Apple does not allow for the "Family" Calendar type in your iCloud to be shared. All other calendar types should be able to use the following steps to link them to your DAKboard.
From your iCloud Account:
Log in to your iCloud account and click on Calendar as seen below:
Click on the sharing icon next to the calendar you want to add to DAKboard (below, circled in orange)
If the Public link checkbox is not checked, check it, then click the Copy link button (also circled in orange):
Note: If the sidebar above showing your calendars is not already visible, click on the Show Calendars link at the bottom as seen below:
Now, log in to your DAKboard account and select the screen you would like the calendar to appear on. If it's a Predefined Screen, click the Calendar tab then paste your copied link in the iCal URL field. If it's a Custom Screen, click the Add a Block button, choose a Calendar type you wish to use, and then click the Edit button to edit the block. Next, paste the copied link into the iCal URL field:
Optionally give the calendar a name and choose a color to represent it on your Display.
NOTE: Color additions to the URLs are available only with Paid subscriptions Plans.
Click the Save Changes button and then view your screen to see the calendar.
From the iPhone/iPad:
If you have iOS 12 or above you can share your calendar from within the Calendars app. Note you still need an iCloud account to do this.
- Tap Calendars
- Tap the Info button next to the iCloud calendar you want to share
- Turn on Public Calendar, then tap Share Link to copy the URL for your calendar
From a Mac:
If you have MacOS 10.4 or above you can share your calendar from within the Calendars app itself. Note you'll still need an iCloud account set up.
- Open the Calendar app on your Mac
- Place the pointer over the calendar's name in the calendar list, then click the Share Calendar button
- If you cannot see the calendar list on the left, choose View > Show Calendar List
- Select Public Calendar
- Click the Share button to get the unique calendar URL
- If your iCloud calendar stopped displaying it can be fixed by regenerating the link with these steps.