Add a Google Calendar
In a Custom screen, add a calendar block, then edit the calendar block. In a Predefined screen, click the calendar tab.
Next, click the "Link a New Account" dropdown, and select "Google Calendar":
Follow the prompts on Google to allow DAKboard access to your calendar. When complete, edit your screen again on DAKboard, and select the desired calendar(s) to show:
Save your changes, and preview your screen to see your Google calendars.
Add a Google Calendar using the "Secret Address in iCal Format"
Note: This is an older/manual method. We recommend using the above steps to link and authorize Google calendar.
- Login to your Google calendar.
Note: this must be done using a web browser on a phone, tablet or computer. The necessary information is not available within the Google Calendar App.
- Click the menu icon next to the calendar you want to add to DAKboard (below, circled in red). In our example a calendar named "DAKboard" is being used. The name of the first calendar listed under My calendars will vary depending on how it was named in your Google account.
Then click "Settings and sharing" (also circled in red):
- Next, scroll down and find the "Secret address in iCal format" URL (below, circled in red) under the "Integrate Calendar" section. Highlight and copy the URL.
- In the DAKboard settings, for Predefined screens: click on Screens > My Predefined Screen > Calendars. For Custom Screens, add a calendar block, click on the block to select it and click the Edit button. Paste in the link and click "Save Changes".
Using G Suite (Google Apps) With DAKboard
For those using Google Apps, your Google Apps administrator will need to make sure all users are enabled to share all details from their calendars. This can be changed in the admin center for your domain by following these steps:
- Login to Google admin at https://admin.google.com
- Click on "Apps"
- Click on "G Suite"
- Click on "Calendar"
- Then under "Sharing settings", make sure "External sharing options for primary calendars" is set to "Share all information, but outsiders cannot change"
- Under "General Settings", make sure "External sharing options for secondary calendars" is set to "Share all information, but outsiders cannot change"
- Click "Save"
Once enabled the "Secret address in iCal format" will become visible to copy/paste into DAKboard.
Add a G Suite Resource (meeting or conference room) Calendar to DAKboard
Make sure the previous section has been completed so G Suite users are enabled to share calendars. Once completed,
Google Family Calendars
Unfortunately, Google does not provide an iCal link for the family calendars so at this time, there's no way to add the family calendar into DAKboard. As a workaround, we recommend creating a new calendar and give everyone in the family the proper permissions (read or edit). You can then add the new calendar to DAKboard following the instructions above.