In this article, we cover how you can connect your DAKboard OS device to your network using an Ethernet connection instead of WiFi. These steps are only required if you are using a DAKboard OS version older than 2.28 and have Wifi configured, otherwise, you can just connect your ethernet cable and power on the device. If you don't know your release you can use the article Finding Your DAKboard OS Version to determine this.
- Navigate to the 'Displays & Devices' and select the settings menu for the device:
- Select 'Join Other Network' from the network list:
- Remove the password configured in the field:
- Click Save Changes at the bottom of the screen.
- Plug your ethernet cable into your DAKboard OS Device and reboot the device by unplugging it and plugging it back in.
The DAKboard OS device will auto-detect the network and configure itself from there. After that follow the instructions on the display to register the device to your account, or if it is already registered it should finish the connection for you.