To connect your DAKboard Wall Display or CPU to a new wifi network, follow the steps below.
Note: If the DAKboard device is still connected to the old wifi network, you can access the device settings using a laptop, phone etc., that's connected to the same (old) wifi network. In your DAKboard account, go to Displays & Devices, click the more actions button (3 dots) and click Settings. There will be no DAKboard-X wifi network described below, in this situation.
Video tutorial available here: https://youtu.be/1wjPrULVeZg
DAKboard Devices with Wifi Setup
- Power on the DAKboard device
- Use a computer, phone or tablet and connect to the DAKboard-X wifi network. (X will be your serial number) the password will be dakb5142.
- Open a web browser and navigate to http://10.0.0.5
- Enter the new wifi network and credentials that the device should connect to.
- Click "Save changes" at the bottom, wait for the confirmation, then restart the DAKboard device by unplugging the power and plugging it back in.
- Once the device restarts, it will attempt to connect to the new wifi network.
DAKboard Devices with Ethernet Cable Setup (purchased prior to 2018):
- With your DAKboard device powered off, connect it to the router or access point via Ethernet cable
- Power on (plug in) the device
- On a computer/tablet etc., login to your account at https://dakboard.com and navigate to "Displays & Devices"
- Select the device to modify, click the more actions button (3 dots) and select "Settings".
- On the new page that loads, make the desired wifi changes, then click the "Save Changes" button at the bottom.
- Unplug the device power and Ethernet cables and move it to the desired location and plug back in the power. When it starts up it will attempt to connect to the new wifi network.
If you're still unable to get your DAKboard device to connect to a new wifi network, we have a support article with a few things to check and confirm here: Trouble Connecting to a Wifi Network