To connect your DAKboard Wall Display or CPU to a new wifi network, follow the steps below.
Displays/CPUs with wifi setup (version 1.62+):
- Power on the display/CPU
- Use a computer, phone or tablet and connect to the DAKboard-X wifi network. (X will be your serial number)
- Open a web browser and navigate to http://10.0.0.5
- Enter the new wifi network and credentials
- Click "Save changes", wait for the confirmation then restart the display/CPU by unplugging the power and plugging it back in.
- Once the display/CPU restarts, it will attempt to connect to the new wifi network
Displays/CPUs with Ethernet cable setup (prior to version 1.62, prior to December 2017):
- With your display/CPU powered off, connect it to the router or access point via Ethernet cable
- Power on (plug in) the display/CPU
- On a computer/tablet etc., login to your DAKboard.com account and navigate to "My Displays" (in the DAKboard options)
- Select the display/CPU to modify, make the desired wifi changes, then click the "Save Changes" button.
- Unplug the display/CPU power and Ethernet cables and move it to the desired location
If you're still unable to get your DAKboard device to connect to a new wifi network, we have a support article with a few things to check and confirm here: https://dakboard.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/35000029539-trouble-connecting-to-a-wifi-network