With legacy DAKboard products if you see the message "Automatic registration failed, IP address unknown" when trying to register your product, there may be something blocking network traffic to the dakboard.com servers.
As a workaround, please follow these steps:
- First, make sure the DAKboard is connected to the network. There should be a "connected" message on the screen.
- Next, open a web browser on your computer/tablet/phone. (Make sure your device is connected to the same network as your DAKboard)
- Enter the IP address shown on the bottom of the DAKboard into the browser's address bar. This will bring up your DAKboard configuration screen. Note: make sure your device (phone, computer, etc.) is on the same wifi network as your DAKboard display/CPU.
- Scroll down to the DAKboard Private URL section and enter your Display URL. (This can be found in the DAKboard options, by clicking "My Displays").
- Click "Save Changes", and when complete, restart your display/CPU.
Your DAKboard will restart and should now display your default screen. Due to the network issue, you might not be able to manage your display settings (wifi credentials, sleep schedule, orientation) through your dakboard.com account. However, you can always access your display settings by repeating step 3 above.