TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Remove info from the DAKboard OS Device:
- Remove the DAKboard OS device From Your Account:
- Access the DAKboard Settings Page With Manual Steps:
If you're looking to remove all information (AKA factory reset) on a DAKboard Wall Display, DAKboard CPU, or DAK OS device follow the instructions below.
Remove info from the DAKboard OS Device:
Accessing Settings Page from your Account:
NOTE: To access the display settings, you'll need to be on the same WiFi network as your Wall Display or CPU.
Factory Reset 3.0 or newer:
On the next screen that appears, If you have a DAKboard OS 3.0 or newer device simply click the Reset to Factory Settings button shown below.
Factory Reset Older OS:
If your device is using an older OS, clear out the wifi network name by clicking the Name/SSID dropdown, and selecting Join Other Network. Leave the network name blank after clicking this. Then clear out the password field.
Remove any On/Off (Sleep) Schedules or reset them back to Always On.
Set the DAKboard Private URL to: http://localhost/welcome.php. When complete, click the Save Changes or Save and Reboot button, then reboot your device.
Remove the DAKboard OS device From Your Account:
Lastly, in your DAKboard account, under Displays & Devices, click the three dots next to the desired display, and click Remove Device:
With the display removed, restart your DAKboard device and when it comes back up, it will show the original setup screen.
Access the DAKboard Settings Page With Manual Steps:
Sometimes you need to perform a Factory Reset on your DAKBoard OS device when it fails to register to your account or it has already been removed from your account. To do this you can use a USB Mouse and Keyboard to connect to your DAKboard. The steps to complete this are listed below for you in order.
- Connect the USB mouse/keyboard
- Reboot the CPU by unplugging the power cable
- Once fully booted up, press ALT+F4
- Click on the Raspberry icon in the top left of the screen
- Select Help, then click on Device Configuration
- Complete the steps under Factory Reset 3.0 or newer: or Factory Reset Older OS: sections above.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page
- Once the settings are saved, reboot by unplugging the power cable