TABLE OF CONTENTS
You can set an On/Off (Sleep) Schedule for your DAKboard Wall Display (and a DAKboard CPU) to turn on and off at designated times. On/Off (Sleep) Schedules work with most modern TVs and Monitors through HDMI and CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) technology.
How to set the On/Off (Sleep) Schedule:
In your DAKboard account, click on "Displays", then click the More actions button next to the desired display and select "Settings":
Then select "View Device Settings" for your DAKboard OS device (Not available on customer devices):
Note: to access the display settings, you'll need to be on the same wifi network as your display/CPU.
Next, scroll down to the Screen section and find the "On/Off (Sleep) Schedule " on/off times:
Select the desired times you want your display to turn On and Off, then click the "Save changes" button at the bottom. Your display will now turn off and back on at the set times.
- Disable any power-saving modes that may be present on your Monitor/TV if it does not turn back on per schedule. These can sometimes completely power down the display preventing DAKboard OS from powering it back on. They will be located in your Settings on your Monitor/TV
- Not sure if your display supports CEC needed for On/Off (Sleep) Schedules? You can look up specifications here for most displays.
- If you have a ROKU TV you may need to enable the CEC controls. The article How to enable HDMI-CEC and ARC on your TV will have steps for most ROKU TV brands. This may also be helpful for other TVs that have ARC and CEC controls
- Some devices that have ARC HDMI inputs will not work with the Sleep Scheduler. We have found that some of these devices will work if you use a different HDMI input.
- If you're still having trouble, Create a Support Ticket and we can help