To add Apple iCloud Photos to DAKboard via a Shared iCloud Album, follow the steps outlined below.
Photos app on an iPhone
1. In the Photos app, tap on "Albums" in the bottom menu bar and then tap the "Plus" icon in the upper left and select "New Shared Album":
2. Give the album a name, then tap "Next".
3. When prompted to share the album with others, just tap "Create". It's not required to share with anyone specifically.
4. Add some photos to the new album by tapping the "plus" icon, and then tap the sharing icon:
5. Toggle on the "Public Website" option and copy the public link:
6. Now back in your DAKboard account, on the Predefined screen under the background tab, or in a Custom screen by adding/editing a photo block, paste in the copied URL:
Photos app on a Mac
- In Apple Photos, click the plus button next to Shared albums in the side menu:
- Give the album a name and click the "Create" button.
- Next, make sure the new shared album is selected in the side menu and click the sharing icon in the upper right:
- In the menu that pops up, make sure the "Public Website" option is checked, then highlight and copy the URL that displays:
- Now back in your DAKboard account, on the Predefined screen under the background tab, or in a Custom screen by adding/editing a photo block, paste in the copied URL:
- Click "Save Changes" and enjoy your iCloud-shared album on DAKboard!