TABLE OF CONTENTS
- DAKboard OS with Touchscreen or Connected USB Mouse:
- DAKboard OS Devices with WiFi Hotspot:
- DAKboard OS Devices with Ethernet Cable Setup (purchased prior to 2018):
- Further troubleshooting:
Sometimes you may need to update or change your WiFi Credentials. This article is here to show you how to make this change on your DAKboard OS device. To connect your DAKboard Wall Display or CPU to a new WiFi network, follow the steps below.
Note: If the DAKboard device is still connected to the old WiFi network, you can access the device settings using a laptop, phone, etc., that's connected to the same (old) WiFi network. In your DAKboard account, go to Displays & Devices, click the More actions button (3 dots), click Settings then View Device Settings. In this case, the DAKboard Hotspot will not be available.
DAKboard OS with Touchscreen or Connected USB Mouse:
- Power on the DAKboard device.
- From the "No Internet" or Welcome page, Tap or Click on the "Touchscreen/On-Device Setup" button as seen below:
- From the page that opens, Tap or Click on the Name/SSID button and select your new network.
- Tap or click on the space to enter your Password and an Onscreen keyboard will appear.
- Enter your password.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and Tap or Click on the "Save Changes" or "Save and Reboot" button to apply the changes.
- Your device will then attempt to connect to your new WiFi network
DAKboard OS Devices with WiFi Hotspot (purchased between 2019 and mid-2023):
- Power on the DAKboard device.
- Use a computer, phone, or tablet and connect to the network called DAKboard (OS version 3.0/103.20 or later) or DAKboard-(Your Serial Number) (OS versions 1.85 to 2.32) WiFi network. the password will be dakb5142. To find your version check here.
- Open a web browser on the connected device and navigate to http://10.0.0.5
- Enter the new WiFi network and credentials that the device should connect to.
- Click "Save changes" at the bottom, wait for the confirmation, then restart the DAKboard device by unplugging the power and plugging it back in. Devices on DAKboard OS v2.28 and newer do not need to be restarted and will automatically apply settings. To find your version check here.
- Once the device restarts, it will attempt to connect to the new WiFi network.
If you are unable to find or log into the DAKboard Hotspot, you can Update Settings Directly on the Device Itself.
DAKboard OS Devices with Ethernet Cable Setup (purchased prior to 2018):
- With your DAKboard device powered off, connect it to the router or access point via an Ethernet cable.
- Power on the device by plugging it into the power.
- On a computer, tablet, etc. device, log in to your account at https://dakboard.com and navigate to Displays & Devices
- Select the device to modify, click the More actions button (3 dots) and select "Settings", then "View Device Settings".
- On the new page that loads make the desired WiFi changes, then click the "Save Changes" button at the bottom.
- Unplug the device power and Ethernet cables and move it to the desired location and plug back in the power. When it starts up it will attempt to connect to the new WiFi network.
If you're still unable to get your DAKboard device to connect to a new WiFinetwork, we have a support article with a few things to check and confirm here: Trouble Connecting to a WiFi Network